2.12.11

Look, Ma, I'm Slow-Motion

The last couple of days weren't really that awesome. The depressive, oppressive smog refuses to go away, but the world demands attention from me and I had to fight my way through all sorts of obnoxious bureaucratic obstacles on my way to creating an application for the serious UK university I fleetingly mentioned in one of my earlier posts. Now comes the fun part of collecting all sorts of hilarious certificates and other paper memorabilia they may desire, and I'm afraid to think of the visa process, assuming I get in. Very, very stressful stuff overall (I still have no idea if I did it right), so I'm mentally exhausted. Yesterday my dad took one long look at me and told me to take a choice selection of meds. Today, I got hit with a throbbing headache that gave way to a nearly narcotic-like dumbness stupor.

I can't do anything fast. Anything at all. It's pretty darn cold outside, my hands and face are freezing as I walk the dog, but I can't speed up to get home quicker. I can't make it to the phone before it stops ringing. The world feels like sludge that bogs me down and makes me unable to function. I crashed in bed and read a book. About twice or thrice as slow as usual as well. This is insane.

Was fun when I got sent to the shop to pick up some bread and ham for supper. Not only was I gone forever, I actually managed to lose track of my conversation with the shop lady a fair few times. I hope the state goes away, it's hard to function like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment