17.12.11

Pinkie Pie

Today was Spontaneous Christmas Shopping Day. We bought way too much random crap, and had to rearrange the freezer to tuck in the ginormous duck (?!), but all in all - mission accomplished. Sorted out gifts, and picked up a little ditty for myself. Pinkie Pie the miniature blindbag version is standing next to my laptop.

I used to be annoyed by Pinkie Pie's constant doofus antics, they got old quite quickly and she was an annoying wart more often than not... but then I got to that part of the series that explains why she got that way, and what happens when stuff starts going wrong in her head, and I understood. It's hilarious how easily I "got" her, considering how different our character traits are. But yeah, new favorite pony. So I let Hasbro have the bit of cash they decided to charge for the figurine, and I have my very own piece of My Little Pony memorabilia. The pinkest, most superficially stereotypical piece of girly show memorabilia imaginable. Heh heh heh.

My university work is chugging along fine. I should be studying Ergonomy for a test on Monday right now, but hey, why not deprive myself of another half hour of sleep and type up a long-neglected blog post while hoping the slides magically scroll in the background? Ayup, that seems logical. My project has a pretty firm first draft, and all the computations and stuff are done. Just gotta nuke two tests this coming week and I'm pretty much done with all the petty stuff.

Recently, it hit me like a truck that my guitar playing is a bit off. Whilst I may have slightly progressed technically since my "glory year" of 2007, as I tend to wiggle my fingers a teeny bit more when I noodle, the lack of playing against any sort of backing or metronome (and an overall erratic practice schedule) for quite some time now has roughed up my rhythmic kneecap a bit. I still have the phrasing ideas and stuff, but my hands slip up a little and it ends up sounding like a nooby mess at times. Thus, I've established a minimum of 1 hour of guitar practice a day, no matter how busy I may be, and I'm doing my best to derust myself. It shouldn't take too long. I hope. If the worst comes to worst, I'll just play written solos for a while instead of improvising...

So yeah. A blog post when I'm not in a nihilist mood for a change. Why bother focusing on how we're just an evolution misfire when I can harness the fact that I'm a pretty functional being and live a life? That doesn't make the world any less futile, it just makes me considerably less bent on the subject. Hope more non-depressed posts will follow, although I do have a history of posting more when low.

No comments:

Post a Comment