6.2.12

Snowflakes

Winter hit like a truck, at least in terms of temperature. It's fucking freezing around here! At least it seems to be getting a teeny bit warmer lately, so there's hope that the chill will go away eventually.

I went outside in the evening to fetch something for supper (I'm home alone, waiting to show up and wave my hand at the appropriate moment so bureaucracy doesn't implode because I'm not around), and the usually busy street was empty, everything was dead silent, and there were snowflakes hovering down from the sky. Sure, I can get something similar in the mountains no problem, but it was a cool new experience to get this in the area around my house. Felt awesome.

Today, I learned that just because something says that you're to cook it with the heat cranked doesn't imply you're to dime the power. Still, the cutlets were surprisingly edible. I'm making progress.

Also, today I found out that the cover for Taproot's new album is online. It's not promising, to put it nicely. Plus, the fact that it's essentially a bunch of glorified b-sides from their 2008 record isn't that inspiring either. I'm hoping that the guys manage to surprise me positively.

So, that will be all for now. It's easier to live when one tries to look at stuff less emotionally and more objectively. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment